Wind Project Development
WINData, LLC is a veteran engineering company providing professional wind project development services to the wind industry. WINData’s wind project work comprises over 15 GW of wind farms and conceptual developments ranging from pre-developed to late stage developed sites across the western US.
WINData’s pioneering work in the 1990’s and early 2000’s contributed significantly to the wind energy projects on the Blackfeet reservation, Cut Bank/Ethridge and Judith Gap in Montana; the Columbia River Gorge in Washington and Oregon and in Casper Wyoming
WINData offers a full range of wind energy consulting services for resource selection, siting and analysis of site potential. Our wind energy consultants have been in the siting business since 1991 and have been involved in every aspect of the business from initial land owner relations to negotiations with power off-takers.
Comprehensive professional services
WINData offers the following comprehensive professional services to clients on an “out-sourced” basis:
- Utility and energy business technical team leadership
- Identification and origination of wind development opportunities
- Project scoping, development strategy and bid formulation
- Technical team assembly, leadership and management
- Wind resource assessment and meteorological science
- Wind project micro-siting, project design and output modeling
- Conducting meetings with land owners, communities, Utilities, stakeholders, governmental agencies and tribes
- Contract and agreement formulation, negotiation and execution
- Technical writing and presentations
Possibly the most crucial step in the development of a potential wind site is the collection of accurate and verifiable wind data. WINData professional services comprise meteorological (“met”) tower design, installation and data integration to support end user requirements and forecasting data services.
WINData met towers and WINData professional installation services insure collection of “bankable” on-site wind data at hub heights up to 110 meters. Each met tower system installation is planned, specified and supervised by company engineers in conjunction with our clients’ in-house specialists. On-going support is available throughout the entire data collection period.
WINData sells and installs tilt-up, guyed lattice and SSV met towers to suit each customer specification – met towers up to 100 meters are available for either permanent or temporary installation.
WINData’s “WINDataNOW! SuperDuty® data collection towers” are available for sale, delivery and installation throughout continental North America. WINDataNOW!® towers are manufactured using high strength galvanized steel and are available in heights up to 60-meters.