Posts Tagged ‘resource’
Wind Project Development
- Published on Monday, 12 August 2013 00:26
- 0 Comments
WINData, LLC is a veteran engineering company that provides professional wind project development services to the wind industry. WINData wind project work comprises over 15 GW of wind farms and conceptual developments across the United States.
WINData’s pioneering work in the 1990’s and early 2000’s contributed significantly to the wind energy projects on the Blackfeet Reservation, Cut Bank, Ethridge and Judith Gap in Montana; the Columbia River Gorge in Washington and Oregon and near Casper, Wyoming
WINData provides a full range of wind energy project services from initial met program design, resource analysis, land work, plant design and permitting to negotiation of Interconnection and Power Purchase Agreements and plant construction and commissioning. Our Principals have been integral in wind project origination since 1991 and have significant experience in every aspect of the business from initial land owner relations to negotiations with power off-takers.
Comprehensive professional services
WINData offers the following comprehensive professional services to clients:
- Utility and energy business technical team leadership
- Identification and origination of wind development opportunities
- Project scoping, development strategy and bid formulation
- Technical team assembly, leadership and management
- Wind resource assessment and meteorological science
- Wind project micro-siting, project design and output modeling
- Conducting meetings with land owners, communities, Utilities, stakeholders, governmental agencies and tribes
- Contract and agreement formulation, negotiation and execution
- Technical writing and presentations
- Published on Tuesday, 06 August 2013 18:10
- 0 Comments
THE WINDATANOW HIGH FIDELITY MET TOWER DATA SYSTEM
Renewable energy, responsible natural resource management, and energy independence have become hot topics in politics, the marketplace, and on Main Street. Wind energy has long been the cornerstone of the renewable energy movement, and is easily the most visible and tangible of all the emerging renewable energy sources.While the prospect and promise of wind energy is attractive, the realities of effective energy production lie beneath the purview of the public’s eye. To help make wind energy a more viable component of the United States’ energy portfolio, the current administration has created grant programs to help spur innovation across a wide spectrum of wind energy topics. These include prospecting, equipment and farm design, forecasting, and energy management.
WINDataNOW Technologies, LLC (“WINDataNOW”) believes that significant opportunity exists for improvements in the operation of existing wind farms. Through the application of modern instrumentation and data collection techniques,
WINDataNOW believes that significant design and operating advantage can be achieved by developing a more rigorous understanding of how a wind resource behaves. From selecting the right location to maximizing the power output and stability of the grid – a detailed understanding of a wind resource and return significant efficiency and equipment availability gains in addition to insulating an operating company from the inherent penalty risks associated with bidding into today’s power markets.
- Optimal site selection and characterization
- Using detailed meteorological data for reduction in forecast uncertainty to improve scheduling, planning, and operations
- Understanding the wind turbulence profile of the site
- Creating the ideal wind farm design for a particular site